Follow these tips to prolong the life of your lithium-ion batteries:
- For brand new batteries, it is important to charge them completely before you use the cell phone, laptop, or other electronic. This “teaches” the battery the extent of the charge.
- To prolong the life of a lithium-ion battery that sees a lot of use, like a laptop or cell phone, it’s better to charge it often for short periods of time (one to two hours) instead of charging it from a near dead state each time.
- While short charges are best, it is important to let the battery drain completely and then fully charge around once a month. This help maintain good battery health.
- It’s very detrimental to a lithium-ion battery if you use the device while it’s charging. This makes the battery overheat, which lowers a li-ion battery’s lifespan.
- If possible, use a charger with a lower voltage rating. While this will charge more slowly, it will charge at a lower temperature, preserving the battery.
Never leave the battery in sunny or hot areas. This heat can damage the battery life.
- Finally, if you aren’t going to use the battery for a while or you’re storing it, make sure the battery is over 40% charged before you put it away. When lithium-ion batteries are stored out of charge for long periods of time, this can lead to an inability to maintain a charge once the battery is in use again.
Finally, if you aren’t going to use the battery for a while or you’re storing it, make sure the battery is over 40% charged before you put it away. When lithium-ion batteries are stored out of charge for long periods of time, this can lead to an inability to maintain a charge once the battery is in use again.
What Can You Do If A Battery Does Die Or It’s Performance is Suffering?…
If a battery is aging or dies early on you, you can bring those old batteries back to 100% of their working condition using the EZ Battery Reconditioning program.
In this program, you’ll learn how to bring old cell phone, laptop, car, deep-cycle, golf-cart, marine, and forklift batteries back to life again (plus many other types of batteries too)!
The battery reconditioning methods are easy to do and they will save you a lot of money on battery costs over your lifetime.
You can learn more by clicking here.